Before committing to a Keto lifestyle, one of my favorite dishes to make were Salmon Patties (or salmon croquettes). I usually used either breadcrumbs or panko but since we’re Keto, we can’t really use that.
Pork Rinds to the rescue! You can buy crushed pork rinds or you can throw them in your food processor and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs. Instead of adding them into the mix, we’re going to coat our patties with the crushed pork rinds. This adds a nice, crispy outer layer and mimics panko or breadcrumbs pretty well — without the carbs!
I grew up with my mom (being the awesome Filipino mom she is) dipping these salmon patties in Soy Sauce & Lemon. I followed suit and it’s hard to dip these in anything else.
You can always dip these in Tartar Sauce, Ranch, Sour Cream, Sesame Dressing, etc. But I always go back to Soy Sauce & Lemon 🙂 You can also try it with Coconut Aminos!
For this recipe, I use canned salmon. You can also use canned tuna! I prefer making these canned salmon rather than fresh salmon. They have a better taste and so much cheaper to make!
You can definitely use fresh salmon but I would poach the salmon first and then let it cool and add it to the mixture.
You can add any vegetables you like in the mix — I just prefer Red Bell Peppers & Onions! If you want to cut down on the carb count, you can omit them.
Ready to make Keto Salmon Patties? Here’s how!Print
Using crushed pork rinds is a great keto / lchf alternative to panko or breadcrumbs! Try out this keto, lchf and gluten-free version of salmon patties! If you don’t like Salmon, try it with Tuna! It’s just as delicious 🙂
- Canned Salmon or Tuna (around 14-16oz)
- 80g Red Bell Pepper
- 60g Onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp Paprika
- Optional: You can add other low-carb veggies to the mix too!
- Oil for Frying (I like using this)
- 1/2 – 1 cup Crushed Pork Rinds
Dip (Asian Style sauce):
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce / Tamari / Coconut Aminos
- 1 packet of True Lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp of Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (click here for 20% off with my code: KETOFYME)
- Heat frying pan with oil (medium heat).
- Remove bones from salmon before adding it to the mixture.
- Mix salmon, eggs, red bell pepper, onions, salt, black pepper, & paprika. Don’t over mix if you want chunks of salmon in your patties. Scoop up mixture and form into patties. To make it easier to work with, you can chill it in the fridge for 20-30 mins but it’s not needed. Dredge salmon patty in crushed pork rinds — make sure it’s well coated.
- Fry until golden and cooked through — around 2-4 minutes each side. Don’t overcook because it can end up too dry.
- Enjoy and serve with your favorite condiment or try the asian style sauce I posted 🙂
- Method: Frying / Deep Frying
Keywords: Salmon Patties, Keto Salmon Patties, Keto Salmon Croquettes, Keto Salmon Croquette, Gluten Free Salmon Patties