These Keto cheese shell tacos are yummy, easy to make, and has 0 carbs per serving! Who said you can’t have tacos on a Keto diet?!
I had my very first street taco when I moved to Los Angeles in 2005. It changed my life FOREVER! Taco Bell — what’s that?! ( Just kidding! I still have love for you lol) Street tacos are amazing though, aren’t they? While these cheese shells may never truly replace Street tacos for me, they’re a great Keto alternative to corn or flour tortillas.
I like to use pre-packaged Shredded Cheese instead of shredding it myself, just because it’s convenient. Look at the nutrition info for carb count — this one is Trader Joes and it’s 0 carbs and works well! I like a mix of Mild Cheddar Cheese & Pepper Jack!
You can buy low-carb tortillas (Mission is pretty good) but I have a love/hate relationship with them. They tend to spike my blood sugar and my lower my ketones or kick me out completely. I’m more worried about my blood sugar than anything, but I’m trying my best to stay in nutritional ketosis to manage my Type 2 Diabetes.
I used 2 sticks on top of 2 tall glasses to mold my cheese shell. You can also use a wooden spoon if you’d like — whatever you have to prop it up! Don’t forget to use parchment paper when you microwave it so it’s easy to peel off. You need to work quickly because you don’t want it to harden on the plate.
These cheese shells are easy to make and they’re absolutely delicious with any protein you want to pair them with! When I say easy — I MEAN EASY. You can pop them in the microwave instead of the oven! E A S Y. 😉
Ready to make em? Here’s how!Print
These cheese shell tacos are yummy, easy to make, and has 0 carbs per serving! Who said you can’t have tacos on a Keto diet?!
- 1–2oz Shredded Cheese ( I like Mild & Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Colby Jack, or Pepper Jack)
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave-safe plate
- Lay parchment paper on top of plate
- Spread shredded cheese on top. Doesn’t need to be perfect but try to fill in any large gaps
- Microwave with full power (1000w) for 1 minute and 10 seconds. I feel like this is the perfect amount needed for 5-7″ cheese tortillas (about 2 oz of shredded cheese). Of course feel free to experiment to see what works for you. If you like a crispier shell, microwave it for longer but watch it carefully because it burns easily.
- You’ll need to work quickly once it’s out of the microwave. Remove the cheese shell and place it on top of the wooden spoon (or sticks for me lol) and mold it into a taco shell shape. Let it cool.
- Serve with your choice of protein & condiments!
Keywords: keto cheese shells, keto cheese tacos, cheese tacos, cheese taco shells, keto taco shells, cheese shells