This easy and delicious Keto Salmon Teriyaki recipe is sure to please any seafood lovers! Kid approved by my 6 year old 🙂
The word “Teriyaki” is actually a cooking technique that’s used in Japanese cuisine where foods are brushed with a mixture of Soy Sauce, Sugar, and Mirin and then grilled or broiled. But usually when we say “Teriyaki” here in America, we think of Teriyaki sauce — and it’s usually accompanied with some type of protein.
My version of “teriyaki” is just simply marinating the meats and then pan frying it. You can pop it in the broiler, but I prefer pan frying it so I can keep a closer eye on it! I haven’t tried using my Air Fryer with this so it looks like I have some homework to do this weekend 🙂
This dish can easily be made gluten-free & nut-free! I personally prefer Soy Sauce, but I’ve also tried this with Tamari (Gluten-Free Soy Sauce) and Coconut Aminos and they yield the same results. If you’re allergic to tree nuts, I would use Tamari instead.
I mix all the ingredients in a large gallon sized bag and lay the salmon flat inside. I let it marinate for 30 minutes (flipping the bag over on the other side after 15 mins). You don’t really need to marinate the fish for longer than 30-60 minutes – they tend to soak up the marinate pretty well.
Look for salmon fillets that aren’t over 1″ inch thick. I’ve found that if you use a thicker cut of salmon, it’s hard to gauge when it’s cooked through. Also, if you can find salmon with the skin on — the better! It has a much better taste with the skin on.
I like my Salmon well-done, but moist and flaky. I keep the heat on low to medium with the cover on at first to make sure it’s cooked through and then fry it on high heat for the last 2-4 minutes to get that nice char on the outside. You can definitely cook your salmon the way you like, btw!
Ready to make this? Here’s the recipe!Print
Delicious and Easy, this Keto Salmon Teriyaki is a great way to add more seafood to your diet! Pair this with Cauliflower Rice or Steamed Vegetables!
- (2) 6-7oz Salmon Fillets (skin on preferably)
- 2-3 tbsp Soy Sauce / Tamari / Coconut Aminos
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Click here & Use my code: KETOFYME for 20% off)
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp Oil for Frying (Refined Coconut Oil – I use this)
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bag and lay the salmon fillets flat inside. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning the bag around on the other side after 15 minutes.
- Note: You can cook your Salmon anyway you want to – you can broil, grill, or pan fry it.
- Heat up the oil in low-medium heat. Shake off excess marinade and lay the salmon flat on the pan, skin down. Cover the skillet for 10-15 minutes (and turn the fish over with a spatula after 6-7 minutes) or until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Turn the heat on high for the last 2-4 minutes to sear the salmon and crisp up the skin. I usually like my salmon crispy so I like to sear it on both sides. 🙂
- Remove from heat and squeeze some lemon juice on top
- Garnish with green onions & lemon wedges (optional). Enjoy!
Double this recipe if you’re making it for the whole family (like my picture above!) You can also add the green onions in the marinade.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: keto salmon teriyaki, salmon teriyaki, easy keto japanese recipes, keto japanese recipes, keto salmon asian marinade, asian marinade, keto seafood recipes, keto seafood recipe