Brussel Sprouts, Cheese, and Bacon?! I don’t know why that combination works but it does! My picky family loved this dish and I feel like I’ve converted them to liking Brussel Sprouts. Add this to your meal plan and let me know how you like it!
I used to really hate Brussel Sprouts growing up. I couldn’t stand the smell or the taste of Brussel Sprouts. It was overpowering and it stayed on your clothes, haha. It wasn’t until I got older and adapted a Ketogenic Lifestyle that I started eating Brussel Sprouts more often.
Although… I used to only eat them when they’re roasted and that’s it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, pop em in the oven, and go to town. Well.. I’m starting to experiment more with Brussel Sprouts and man, they’re awesome. ESPECIALLY WITH BACON! 😀
For this, I adapted my recipe for Keto Creamy Garlic Chicken and swapped a few ingredients! If you like it spicy, I would suggest to add the Jalapeno peppers! It’s really good with it. And don’t skimp on the bacon!
I love that this is a One Pot Dish (less pans to clean up!) But if you don’t have an oven-safe pan, you can transfer this to an oven-safe dish before broiling and then just add the Mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
Or you can skip that altogether and put a lid on right after adding the Mozzarella & let the cheese melt on the stovetop. Whatever is easiest for you!
Ready to make this dish? Recipe is below!
My picky family loved this Keto-Friendly Cheesy Brussel Sprouts Casserole! This easy one-pot meal is a new favorite in our household.
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, cut in half or fourths
- (1) 8oz Cream Cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup Half & Half or Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 5oz Onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 slices of bacon, chopped to 1” inch pieces
- 1 tsp Chicken bouillon or 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Cutlets, sliced thinly to 1/4” inch slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Optional: 1-2 Jalapeños, seeded, diced (if you want it spicy)
- Optional: 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock (if you want more liquid in this dish)
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, fry bacon to your liking. Set bacon to the side on a large plate (with paper towels to soak up excess fat). Spoon & save the bacon fat and put it off to the side.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp of bacon fat. Add the Brussel sprouts to the pan and stir occasionally until sprouts are golden brown, around 8-12 minutes. Set aside (on the same plate as the bacon if it’s big enough).
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp bacon fat. Add the chicken and cook thoroughly. Set aside with the rest of the cooked ingredients.
- Turn the heat to low-medium and add the onions & chicken bouillon. Caramelize onions and then add garlic and cook until golden. Don’t burn the garlic.
- Add cream cheese and half & half. Stir frequently to let the cream cheese melt. If you want a more liquid base, you can add the chicken stock at this point. Keep stirring until it’s well incorporated.
- Once melted, add the cooked ingredients: Chicken, Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, and Jalapeños (optional)
- Stir well and make sure all ingredients are covered with the cream mixture. It should look like this:
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese & Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Place skillet under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
- Serve hot & Enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 3.7
- Sodium: 629
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9.5
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 95
Keywords: brussel sprouts, keto casseroles, keto casserole, brussel sprouts casserole, casseroles, easy keto meals, keto meals, keto recipes, keto recipe, easy keto recipes, one pot meals, keto one pot meals
These are nutrition values are approximate and may differ depending on the brands you use. Don’t know how to Calculate Net Carbs? Click here.